Manage the risk, reap the rewards
There is an increasing requirement for public entities to conform to best practice and tougher corporate governance standards. As a leading provider of independent technical and due diligence services, our Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) approach provides a robust and documented application of risk management process and principals in accordance with acknowledged global risk management best practice. Our technical specialists have broad experience with the state-of-the-art risk management tools related to their discipline. These tools vary widely. For example, the geotechnical engineers might use a reliability analysis to estimate the likelihood of a slope failure, and our environmental scientists might use an ecological risk assessment to characterise the environmental significance of the effects. One of our unique strengths is the ability to integrate the methods used by our technical specialists into analyses of overall risks. Our processes help to take the numbers generated by technical specialists and relate them to our clients’ broader financial, environmental, community, and health and safety objectives. Our ability to apply complex risk tools is modulated by experience and judgment. Our specialists are aware of the weaknesses of overly quantitative risk tools, and work with clients to find the simplest approach. Our goal in all cases is to help our clients achieve “risk efficiency”, ie. a state in which all of the technical and non-technical issues facing an enterprise have been identified, analysed and mitigated to acceptable levels.
SRK’S differentiating factors:
- SRK is a global leader in technical due diligence.
- SRK ERM process and activities are fully integrated into project and technical services.
- SRK ERM process ensures drivers of success or failure are identified early and are appropriately addressed.
- SRK ERM approach ensures compliance with AS/NZS4260:2004 and pending DIS31000 risk management standards.
- Fault-tree analysis of engineered systems
- Event-tree analysis
- Reliability analysis of earth structures
- Dam safety risk assessments
- Human health and environmental risk assessment
- Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Financial model risk analysis
- Enterprise wide risk management(EWRM)
- Facilitation of risk management workshops